Well! What a lovely surprise to wake up to! Nurilen at greentealicious has nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thanks Nurilen, for my first ever blog award! (haha… I say “first” as if there will be more… funny that!) I’ll confess, I’d never heard of a Liebster Award, and had to do a little research. Bottom line… It doesn’t come with any money .. 8-(
OK, no… really… it’s like a bloggers’ chain letter… intended to link up small blogs and make introductions to like-minded people, and acknowledge blogs that you like, and follow, and generally spread good bloggy vibes amongst the blogging community. I normally dismiss chain letter-type-things, but in this case, I don’t mind because as a lonely little insignificant blogger, (shouting into the void?) it’s nice to know that somebody out there reads and appreciates your blog. That’s the bottom line. You can take part, or you can ignore it, but it seems harmless enough to me, so I say “Let’s Play!”
Here’s the deal:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
My 11 questions to answer:
- What made you want to start a blog? I started my blog about tea as a pleasant diversion from my incredibly painful and mind-numbingly boring MA studies when I found that I was basically living on chocolate and tea. Buckets and buckets of tea. Just. Trying. To. Get. Through. One. More. Boring. Article.
- What do you usually have for breakfast? If you don’t have breakfast, what do you wish you could have for breakfast? I always have the same thing. One Weetabix with milk.
- Green Tea tea or a Matcha latte? Straight green tea. I don’t really like milk in my tea. But I do like Matcha smoothies!
- What quotes do you live by? “There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.” -Dalai Lama
- What are the cities you wish to visit? Barcelona, Dublin, Hong Kong, Helsinki, Moscow, pretty much everywhere…
- If you could time travel into the past, what era would you go to? Why? Who would you like to meet during that era? My answer is more personal than historical. I would travel back to the (unknown) time when my ancestors left England and Scotland to come to Canada. I would want to meet them and find out why they left, and understand their lives and know what they were leaving behind, and what their future dreams were. It’s something that is lost to us, and I’ve always wondered.
- What would you cook or bake to impress someone? Hooooooooooooboy! I don’t think ANYTHING I cook or bake is going to impress ANYBODY! As noted above, I can live on tea and chocolate. Wouldn’t feed that to anyone! If I had to impress somebody, I’d call my chef friend, Lamir!
- What is a habit of yours that you wish to break? Eating “Lime and Black Pepper” potato chips.
- Do you brush your teeth before or after breakfast? After.
- Left-handed or right-handed or both? Right.
- Bungee jumping or sky diving? Neither. Not an action-fan. I’m more into quiet pursuits like art and reading.
You are supposed to nominate 11(?) bloggers with less than 200 followers, and ask them 11 questions, but I’m ignoring the rules. So, here, in no particular order, are ten blogs which I enjoy reading, and which I nominate for the Liebster Award:
- My Thoughts Are Like Butterflies
- Sara Letourneau’s Official Website & Blog
- Tea, Milk, No Sugar Thanks
- The Tea Odyssey
- The Quirky Zen Lady
- Black Cat Bytes
My 10 Questions:
- What motivates you to keep blogging?
- How long does it take you to write a blog post?
- What is the most beautiful thing you’ve seen today?
- What is something you are interested in, but which most people think is ‘weird’?
- Other than blogging, how do you express your creativity?
- What did your mother ‘always tell you’ that turned out to be true? Or NOT?
- Planes, trains, or automobiles? Why?
- What music do you like, but are embarrassed to admit?
- Are aliens real? Ever seen any?
- All-time favourite #1 desert island tea?? (yes, you have to choose ONE!)
OK, that’s it, people! I’m all blogged out. For those of you who choose to continue this thing… it has taken me about 2 hours… just so ya know. Thanks for the recognition, and thanks for reading!
And hey! If you’ve never been nominated for a Liebster Award, but you want to answer the questions or take part anyway, then go right ahead and write a post and leave us a link in the comments! Why wait for a nomination?!