Hmmm… This is an interesting thing that’s happening. I’ve now been nominated for 2 blog awards, and I’m not sure that I want to put them in my page of teas. Not everyone is going to want to read them, so I think I need a new page here…
The thing is… these “awards” are kind of a unique and special animal which you may or may not believe in… sort of like the Loch Ness monster, or the Yeti. In one respect, the award is a simple chain letter among bloggers, requiring you to post information, and to pass on the nomination to others. So, I can understand if some people are put off by that. Chain letters can be annoying if you aren’t into it, and I’m usually the one to break the chain. In another respect, though, the “awards” are a kind of acknowledgement of your efforts by other similar-minded bloggers… and I think that recognition is kind of nice, and deserves a response.
I do feel honoured to have received any nominations at all. It’s nice to know that somebody reads and appreciates your blog; especially when you’re just a small, independent, part-time blogger who works out of your living room whenever you’re not too exhausted from your ‘real’ job. I don’t know, or care if there are other blog awards floating around the blogosphere, but if any more happen to land here, they will now have a home on this page.
This is the “Infinity Dreams Award” which comes from Sara at Sara Letourneau’s Official Website & Blog. Thanks Sara!
Here are the rules for the Infinity Dreams Award:
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
- Notify your nominees and send them a link
I’m not sure why the number is always 11. I’m not sure that I have 11 other blogs to nominate after I already did the first 10 for Liebster. I think I’ll change all the parameters to “5”.
So, here we go with “Facts about me”.
- I am deeply affected by changes in the weather. Grey, or black skies send me into deep depression. Blue skies make me feel like I can fly! Rain for more than a day turns my mood midnight black, and snow for 6-8 months makes me almost suicidal. I totally live in the wrong country.
- I love to read science books. Biology, evolution, physics, quantum physics… anything. I’m not saying I understand all of it… but I find the ideas fascinating!
- My first degree was in Fine Art. Drawing, printmaking, photography, painting, art history. I have never used it in any form of employment, but all of my hobbies are ‘artsy’.
- I am both fascinated by, and terrified of insects. I love the way they LOOK, and I love to take photos of them… even the gross ones. But if they come near me, I will jump and scream like a banshee!
- I love to find unique, strange, and beautiful houseplants. I usually don’t kill them. The weirder, the better! I would have my house full of trees, if possible.
Next: My 11 Questions, set by Sara.
- Does your personality fit your zodiac sign? How? (Or, do you believe in the accuracy of zodiac signs?) My sign is Leo. There is absolutely NOTHING Leo about me at all! The defining trait of Leo is that they love to be in the spotlight, and the centre of attention… which I hate! I can’t stand it! I’m much more comfortable off in the corner by myself… or even better; not in the room at all! Leo loves drama and excitement… not me. Leo is charming and witty, and popular… everyone wants to be their friend… not me. Leo enjoys luxury and riches… not me. I’m clearly a mutant Leo. My brother is also a Leo, and he is the quintessential Leo! It’s ALL true for him! I guess I’d have to say I don’t have much faith in the accuracy of Zodiac signs, since my brother and I are so completely opposite… hard to see any common ground.
- What is the most chilling or frightening story you’ve ever read? I’m assuming you mean in fiction. Actually, I don’t read chilling or frightening stories because I’m waaaayyyyy too sensitive to it. Sleep is much too important to me. If I read scary stuff, I get extremely violent and terrifying nightmares. Real life is bad enough, without adding fuel to the fire!
- What is your favorite fruit? Bananas. They’re so versatile.
- What is your favorite room in your home? My broom closet. It’s the only place that doesn’t reek of stale 60-year-old cigarette smoke and disinfectant.
- How do you de-stress after a long day? I watch those cheesy cooking contest shows: Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, MasterChef, etc… I don’t know why I like them. I don’t even cook!
- What was the name of your first pet? What kind of animal was it? It was a green budgie named Peter. I wanted a kitten more than anything in the world. But my severe allergies would never allow it.
- What was the last funny thing that made you cry because you laughed so hard? Cannot even remember. Obviously, it was too long ago. Too long, too long….
- How do you like to pass the time during a car / train / plane ride? If there is enough light, I like to take crazy warped photos out the windows, using wild photo filters. If it’s dark, I just read and listen to music.
- Have you ever kept a journal or diary? I used to HAVE TO keep journals and diaries for my MA studies, and I hated it. I hate the feeling that I HAVE TO WRITE something. This blog is the closest thing to a journal… a tea journal… that I do write. My natural milieu isn’t writing… it’s art/photography. Writing can be too much of a chore for me. I prefer something visual.
- Do you speak other languages besides your native tongue? Which ones? Not really. I studied French in school for 8 years, so I can read a little, and speak “survival French”. And I studied a bit of Japanese, living in Japan for 5 years, but I never became fluent. I can “survive” in Japanese, but I can’t hold a conversation.
- In your opinion, what is one thing (tangible or intangible) that our world could use more of right now? Kindness.
Next: My 5 Questions for you to answer! (yes… only 5 questions… for 5 people)
- Where have you travelled? Where do you want to go next?
- Does your town/city require you to recycle? What kind of recycling system do you have in your house? (yeah, I’m looking for ideas ‘coz my system isn’t working)
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
- What did you learn from your first crush/ first love?
- What do you think you will be doing 10 years from now?
And finally: My 5 Nominees
Good luck everyone! Thanks for reading!
This was the “Liebster Award” from Nurilen at greentealicious which I posted on the main page when I thought that was the only award I would ever have. I’m not going to transfer it all over here, but I’ll just link to it HERE. Thanks Nurilen!